Today officially marks the end of summer, and it is now the season where we see the leaves turning yellow and cold weather starts to creep up on us.
Autumn is the time of year when we all start to think about pumpkin spice lattes and apple cider. This blog post will show you five autumn-time drinks that are sure to warm your bones on a chilly day!
1. Autumn Fizzle
- Pour gin, lemon juice, simple syrup into a shaker with ice. Pour into glass and top with sparkling cider. Garnish with sliced apple pieces and cinnamon.
2. Campfire S'mores Martini
- In a shaker, mix Smirnoff Marshmallow Vodka, Baileys and milk with ice.
- Coat the rim of your glass with chocolate syrup and cookie crumbs.
- Roast the marshmallow until toasted.
- Pour your mix into the coated glass and top with a roasted marshmallow.
3. Apple Cider Mimosas
- Pour a dash of cinnamon into the bottom of the champagne glass
- Add the apple cider into the glass and mix
- Top off the glass with sparkling wine
- Garnish with an apple slice, cinnamon stick and star anise pod.
4. White Russian
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then pour the vodka and coffee liqueur into the shaker.
- Shake for 10 seconds so it has a smooth texture
- Strain into a glass with fresh ice
- Float the double cream on top of the drink by gently pouring over with the back of a spoon
5. Mulled Cider
- Prepare fruit by juicing the oranges and separating pomegranate seeds.
- Toast all the spices (cloves, star anise, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick)
- Add the cider, fruit juices, pomegranate seeds, sugar, apple brandy and toasted spices into a slow cooker and cook for 2-3 hours on low heat.
- Strain before pouring into cups. Be careful as it will be hot!
And those are a few recipes to start off Autumn! Tag us in your instagram posts and stories if you try any!
For many of us, the end of summer is a bittersweet time. The days are getting shorter and we're not able to spend as much time outside soaking up that sweet sunshine before it's gone for another year.
However, there's no need to fear because autumn has some delights all its own. There may be less daylight hours but this means more opportunities for sipping on hot apple cider by the fire or throwing back pumpkin spice lattes while enjoying an outdoor movie with friends. And don't forget about Halloween! We've already got tips about what drinks will help keep your insides warm when you go trick-or-treating at night so check it out.